A US investment management corporation, the Vanguard Group is the biggest supplier for mutual funds in America and the second biggest contributor of Exchange Related Funds in the world. As a bank, Vanguard offers financial products and services to retail and corporate clients in the US and around the world.
Registering for a Vanguard Group Online Account
If you want to access your Vanguard Group account online, you can do so by registering online. This can help you follow your investments, for example. Here are the steps to go about it:
(1) Type https://investor.vanguard.com/corporate-portal on the web browser’s address bar.
(2) Found as the first alternative on the next page is “Vanguard’s website for personal investors.” Click on it.
(3) Then click on the tab, “Log On.” This is found on the upper right portion of the webpage.
(4) Underneath the tab, “Log On,” click “Sign Up For Access.”
(5) For the following webpage, click on “Start.”
(6) Read through and click on “Accept” for the Terms and Conditions.
(7) For the following webpage, put in your details and verify your details. Put in your first and last names as well as your Social Security Number. Include your Employer Identification Number if you are part of a partnership, trust, or corporation. Include your zip code and birthdate. Then click on “Continue.”
(8) For the following page, create your username and password. While you choose a typical username, you have to use a password that would be more complicated but still easy for you to recall. You can read up on how to create strong passwords so you would know. You can use a combination of alphanumeric and special characters for your password. Moreover, you can think of a phrase or sentence you often mention and turn it into a password. For example, maybe you always say, “I love eating a hot, piping shoyu ramen with 2 pieces of chashu pork!” You can convert this to a password by getting the first letters of this full sentence: “Ileah,psrw2pocp!” It is very easy for you to remember but hard to decipher for anyone else.
(9) On the following webpage, you will be prompted to put in a couple of security questions so you can have a security profile for the time when you forget your username and password in the future. If you come to the point where you need to retrieve your username or password, the security questions can hearken to your credentials. note that you should not share this information with other people.
Logging Into Your Vanguard Group Online Account
Once you already have your online Vanguard Group online account username and password, here are the steps to log in:
(1) Type the https://investor.vanguard.com/corporate-portal link on the address bar of your web browser.
(2) Then click on the hyperlink, “Vanguard’s website for personal investors.” This is the first alternative found on the webpage.
(3) Click on the tab, “Log On” found on the upper right portion of the webpage.
(4) For the following webpage, type your username in the text box.
(5) In the following text box, type in your password.
(6) After, click on the hyperlink, “Log On.”
Resetting Your Online Vanguard Group Password
You may come to a point where you want to reset your password. It could be because you feel someone has gotten access to your account or you may have simply just forgotten your password.
(1) Go the Vanguard website at https://investor.vanguard.com/corporate-portal through your chosen web browser.
(2) On the next web page, click on “Vanguard’s website for personal investors.”
(3) Click on the tab, “Log On” seen on the upper right part of the webpage.
(4) Under the “Log On” tab click on the hyperlink, “Need log on help?”
(5) For the following webpage, put in your first and last names, your Social Security Number’s last 4 digits, your zip code, your birthdate, and your email.
(6) In the next webpage, put in the answers to the security questions so you can retriever your username and password in the future.
(7) Just in case you suspect any dubious activity on your online account, contact the customer service of Vanguard Group. If you are a personal investor, call 800-962-5209. If you are an employer, call 800-523-1188.