Ameritrade is known to be an American online broker, providing services as related to investing such as in mutual funds, stocks, and the like. Although it started as a small company, it developed into the corporate that it is today.
If you have an Ameritrade account and would like to access it online for convenience (especially since investments like stocks need your monitoring), this article describes the ways in which you can create, login, and reset your online Ameritrade account.
Creating Your Online Ameritrade Account
If you already have an Ameritrade account, you can now create an online Ameritrade account you can access anywhere. Here are the steps:
(1) When you opened an account with Ameritrade with a paper application, you probably received a Welcome Kit. This has your account number. Moreover, you probably already received your PIN from an email from Ameritrade.
(2) As you log in for the first time in your online Ameritrade account, type your account number and PIN.
(3) As soon as you log in successfully, you can then create your username and password. This is the username and password you must always use each and every time.
(4) Whenever you log in, make sure you all have relevant information about yourself ready for presenting. You must have your Tax Identification Number or TIN, your Social Security Number or SSN, personal information, account number, and the like. This makes things easier when you log in online.
Just a couple of tips when creating your username. First, this should be simple and easy to remember. This username should not have any spaces. In the creation of your password, on the other hand, it must be seven (7) to fifteen (15) characters in length and should have one (1) number and one (1) letter. Do not include special characters in your password. Although you yourself should easily remember your password, it must be sufficiently strong that no one else can guess it. This would give you additional privacy and protection in your account, which holds sensitive data. In addition, never use the same password for other online accounts. This makes this too easy on hackers to log into your account once they have your password from your other online accounts.
Logging into Your Online Ameritrade Account
If you are an existing customer of Ameritrade and already enrolled to have your account available online, here is the process of logging into your account:
(1) Go to the https://www.tdAmeritrade.com/home.page link by copying and pasting it on the address bar of your web browser.
(2) As soon as you arrive on the website above, type in your username and password. This can be found on the upper right portion of the webpage.
(3) Using the dropdown menu on the same webpage, pick the page you would like to see as you login. You can pick an overview of your account, check your balance, see your order status, view stock quotes, check your positions, and the like.
(4) Lastly, click on the “Login” hyperlink so you can be brought to your account page.
Resetting Your Ameritrade Online Account
If you happen to have forgotten your username or password or you would just like to reset your account because of some potential suspicious activity, you can accomplish the next steps:
(1) Call Ameritrade’s customer service representative at 800-669-3900 if you want to get your username back.
(2) Go to https://www.tdAmeritrade.com/home.page on your web browser if you need to reset your password.
(3) Afterwards, look for “Forgot Password” seen on the upper right portion of the webpage.
(4) Next, put in your username and zip code in the text boxes indicated on the subsequent page. Click on “Continue.”
(5) Put in the needed data for the following two webpages so you can make a new password.
If it happens that you find yourself locked outside of your online Ameritrade account or you feel it has been compromised, contact Ameritrade as soon as possible to keep your investments safe. By going to https://www.tdAmeritrade.com/contact-us#visit_us, you can find the appropriate contact information for your problems, whether it may be phone numbers, fax numbers, email addresses, etc. Particularly, if you are a new client, you can call 800-454-9272. If you are an existing client, you may call 800-669-3900.