SunTrust is well known in the US as a bank that offers different services such as deposit, investment, trust, and credit services. This bank that is in Atlanta, also provides for online tools so you can access your account anytime. With your online bank account with SunTrust, you can: (1) pay bills; (2) accomplish fund transfer between your accounts or other accounts; (3) get your bank account statements through mail; (4) ask for your account statement as old as 5 years; (5) register for online bills so you can pay for them online; and (6) get your financial transactions through a financial software.
This article will discuss how to create an online SunTrust banking login; how to login to your SunTrust online banking account; and finally how to reset your SunTrust online bank account.
Registering For Your Online SunTrust Bank Account
Once you have a bank account with SunTrust, you should create an online account so you can access your account anywhere. However, make sure that your account falls under a savings account, a checking account, a credit card account, a mortgage account, a loan account, a credit line account, or a money market account.
(1) First, type https://onlinebanking.suntrust.com/UI/login#/enrollment on the web browser’s address bar.
(2) Choose among the three (3) options of whether you have a SunTrust Account, a SunTrust Debit Card, or a SunTrust Personal Credit Card. Next click on “Begin Enrollment.”
(3) If you have a credit card or a debit card account, you would then be prompted to input your card details. This should be your card number, its security code, its expiry date, your zip code, and your social security number. Note that SunTrust will not divulge these personal details to anyone as these are marked private. Moreover, for whatever SUnTrust account, you always have to put in your account type, account number, zip code, and social security number.
(4) As soon as you have signed up online, you will receive a one time password or code on your mobile phone. As soon as you verify that you are indeed signing up, you can start using your online username.
Logging Into Your SunTrust Online Banking Account
First, make sure you already have a SunTrust bank account. Second, guarantee that you already have an online SunTrust bank account.
(1) Go to https://www.suntrust.com/personal-banking by typing it on the address bar of the web browser.
(2) Next, click on online banking. Once you are on the correct portion of the page, put in your username and password so you can log in.
Resetting Your SunTrust Online Banking Password
If you so happen to forget your password for your online SunTrust bank account, you can choose to reset it. Just follow the next steps to do so.
(1) Proceed to https://onlinebanking.suntrust.com/UI/login#/forgotcredentials on your web browser.
(2) Once on the page, click on the hyperlink, “I forgot my password.”
(3) Enter your username and email. Afterwards, click “Reset Password.”
(4) You will then be sent a hyperlink to your email so you can reset your password. As soon as you have verified your password, you may begin using your brand new password.
If you usually have problems remembering your password, do not settle for just repeating your username or having the same passwords for all of your online accounts. This would tempt hackers to get into your personal accounts and get some sensitive information. You can read and research on how to create strong passwords. For now, what we can suggest is using a combination of the alphanumeric characters and symbols to make it hard to figure out. Moreover, you can come up with a code for all of your passwords. For example, you say that, “My favorite top 3 desserts are: creme brûlée, macarons, and fudge!” This can translate to a very strong password when you get the first character of every word: “Mft3da:cb,m,af!.” Definitely, no matter how smart the hacker, they cannot figure out this password for any stretch of the imagination.
Note that you can use the same steps described above if you have forgotten your username.
Lastly, if you are having trouble with accessing your account or you think it is being used suspiciously, then contact SunTrust immediately.