Charles Schwab is a well known financial institution, focusing mainly on investment in stocks and mutual funds as well as retirement plans. All these services go beyond the usual savings and checking accounts so incomes work more efficiently for individuals. As a result, they earn an estimated USD 600 million every year and assets worth USD 75 billion.
This article discusses how to get an account with Charles Schwab; how to create an online account with Charles Schwab for easy access; how to log into your online Charles Schwab account; how to reset your Chalres Schwab account; and how to ask for help when you have trouble accessing your account.
Opening Your Charles Schwab Account
Before you go to the next steps of accessing an online account with Charles Schwab, you should have an account with Charles Schwab first. Just follow the proceeding steps:
(1) First, go to http://www.schwab.com/public/schwab/banking_lending using a web browser of your choice. This is officially the signup webpage.
(2) Once you are on the signup webpage, you can head over to the upper right portion of the webpage.
(3) Afterwards, you will then find a brown “Open an Account” tab and right click on it. You will then find different choices for the account you would like to have. Depending on your needs and wants, pick which ones you like.
Creating an Online Charles Schwab Login
Now that you have an account with Charles Schwab, you can take the following steps to get an online account with them as well.
(1) Go to https://client.schwab.com/Login/SignOn/CustomerCenterLogin.aspx by typing this website on the web browser’s address bar.
(2) Once you get into the site described above. Click on the “New User” tab. This is found on the right portion of the username and password text boxes.
(3) Afterwards, finish the enrollment process by putting in all of the needed data. Once finished, you will have your username and password.
(4) You have to make sure to keep your username and password to yourself and private. Remember, if anyone gets a hold of your username and/or password, that could be a problem, especially since these are sensitive financial information.
Logging Into Your Online Charles Schwab Account
(1) In order to login to your online Scwab account, type http://www.schwab.com/public/schwab/banking_lending on the address bar of your web browser.
(2) As soon as you are on that website, locate the username and password text boxes on the upper right portion of the site.
(3) Type in your username and password. If you put in both correctly, you will be able to login successfully.
Resetting Your Online Charles Schwab Password
If you forgot your password or you just want to keep your online Charles Schwab account secure, you can choose to reset your password. Here are the steps:
(1) Go to https://client.schwab.com/Areas/Login/ForgotPassword/FYPIdentification.aspx?IsInvalidSessionId=True and type it on the address bar of your web browser.
(2) Once on that website, you will find two text boxes on the left middle portion of the webpage. Put in your username and email in the text boxes. Once finished, click the green “Submit” button.
(3) Afterwards, you will receive an email with complete procedures on resetting your password.
(4) Once you have accomplished all of the steps, you have successfully reset your password.
If you find yourself always forgetting your password, there are some options available for you. First, you can just simply write it down and keep it in a safe place. Second, you can download an app online that can secretly and safely store your passwords. Third, you can make sure that you come up with a password that is easy for you to remember but hard for others to figure out. For example, come up with a sentence that best describes you, like, “I have been working at AT&T for 10 years” can become the password, “IhbwaAf1y.” This is an easy to remember password for you but hard to figure out for others.
Dealing with Problems with Your Online Charles Schwab Account
If you are experiencing some troubles with your online Charles Schwab account or you merely have some questions or clarifications, you can contact their consumer service representatives. Alternatively, you can go straight to https://client.schwab.com/Areas/Login/ForgotPassword/FYPIdentification.aspx?IsInvalidSessionId=True to live chat or email with other online consumer service representatives.