With its origins in 1946, Fidelity to corporation’s objectives was to come up with appropriate and fitting investments for everyone in the US. Since then, Fidelity has spread its wings and has grown to become one of the best financial organizations wherein a customer can find advice on investments, taxes, and retirement.
As with any financial institution, Fidelity offers their services online. You can do this if you have a Fidelity ID. The ID can enable you to go online and be abreast of your financial account information—as to its balance and financial transactions. You can use this online account to pay your bills. Moreover, Fidelity offers services so you can invest and save your funds in an effective way.
Interestingly enough, you can use your Fidelity online login so you can get discounts and special offers. You can also use it to get more information about Fidelity products you want to know more of, such as investment accounts, for example.
Your Fidelity online account can be used for accomplishing any of the following: (1) make online payments; (2) track your account; (3) receive investment alternatives and advice; (4) transfer funds among your online accounts; (5) incorporate data from Fidelity to TurboTax (so tax refunds go directly and immediately to you); and (6) get feedback from Fidelity responses from any questions you may have.
Registering for a Fidelity Online Account
The first step to accessing your online Fidelity account is to register for it first. You would need to have your Fidelity account details as well as a username and password. Just follow the next procedure:
1. Type http://www.fidelity.com on your web browser.
2. Click on the link to open an account.
3. You would be brought to another webpage. This would bring you to pick what kind of account you have, for example a savings account or a brokerage account.
4. Case in point, if you want to open a savings account online, click on open online.
5. Afterwards, select whether you have an individual account or a joint account. Then click Next.
6. Next, put in your email address and name.
7. Once you put in the previous information, a hyperlink would be sent to your email to confirm that you really are registering. From there on, you can create a username for your Fidelity online account.
8. Afterwards, select a password. The password should be six (6) characters at least and fourteen (14) characters at the most. As soon as you have accomplished a verification of the username and password you chose, make sure of this so you can log in.
If you find that you still have problems with creating your online account, contact Fidelity’s customer service at 1-800-343-3548.
Signing Into Your Fidelity Online Account
First of all, before you log into your online Fidelity account, you have to have a Fidelity account first. Here are the steps:
1. Type http://www.fidelity.com on the address bar of your chosen web browser.
2. Afterwards, you will find a webpage with a login button. Click on “Log In.”
3. Next, plug in your username as well as password.
4. You will then be brought to your account.
If, after performing any of these steps and you find that are having some trouble, contact Fidelity’s customer care in the hotline, 1-800-343-3548.
Resetting Your Online Fidelity Account Password
If you happen to have forgotten your password or are suspicious that someone may be using your online Fidelity account, you may want to reset the password of your Fidelity online account.
1. Type https://www.fidelity.com/customer-service/how-to-update-password. Then you will be shown a page where you can click to reset your password.
2. You would then be brought to the page for when you are having some problems logging in. This page is merely verifying your identity. You can confirm whether you are who you say you are by putting in your name, your date of birth, and your SSN or social security number.
3. As soon as you have made an information verification, you will be given a security code to your email address. If in the case that the email address included is incorrect, call 1-800-544-0187 so the Fidelity customer care representative can change it.
4. Next, you will receive your security code via email. Copy and paste this code on the online form and click on “Next.”
5. You will then be asked the security question you set before. In this case, you would be able to do a password reset. If you are a bit wary with setting up your password reset, contact 1-800-544-5555.