Citibank is well known all over the world as one of the best international banks. Part of the Citigroup, Citibank is well known for being one of the oldest banks in the US, being created in 1812. Originally having the name of the City Bank of New York, Citibank currently earns fifty-one-percent (51%) of profits from just twenty-six-percent (26%) of Citibank branches in the US.
Citibank became what it is because it has excellent services for its different products, whether it may be savings accounts, investments, insurance, credit cards, etc. Currently, millions of users have online Citibank accounts. Even online, the bank offers great products to its customers. Many customers have availed of online accounts with Citibank because they are able to access their Citibank products conveniently and efficiently.
Registering for an Online Citibank Account
If you already have an account with Citibank and want online access, you must register first.
1. Type http://www.citigroup.com/citi/about/countrypresence/united-states-usa.html# on the address bar of the web browser.
2. Found on the upper right portion of the site, click the drop down menu and choose “Sign on to Accounts.” Pick your choice of product from the dropdown list.
3. You will then be redirected to another webpage. This page would be on the left portion of the site. Click “Register Now.”
4. Afterwards, you will be shown a space so you can put in the account number of your savings account or credit card, etc. Enter it without using dashes or spaces.
5. Then click on “Verify and Continue.”
6. The next fields would prompt you for more details about your account.
7. Click on your chosen alternative if you are the main holder of the account or simply an authorized user.
8. Remember to plug in details as it is in your account. Be ready with this information. Whatever if may be, it should always include your social security number or SSN. If you happen to not have an SSN, click the link that says you do not have one. You will be asked to put in your zip code from your address instead.
9. Afterwards, click on “Verify and Continue.”
10. In the next steps, you need to put in your choice username and password. Try to research on how to improve the security of your password, so it is difficult to figure out. Note that you cannot use the same username and password.
11. The next step will ask you a couple of questions for security purposes.
12. Finally, confirm all the details you have given. If you need to edit any information, you can do so before you confirm.
Signing Into Your Online Citibank Account
It is pretty easy to sign into your online Citibank account (after you register). Here are the steps:
1. If you live in the US, type http://www.citigroup.com/citi/about/countrypresence/united-states-usa.html# on the address bar of your web browser. You also have the choice to change the country if you are not from the US. Just make use of the dropdown menu on the upper right portion of the website.
2. Found on the upper right portion of the site, from the dropdown menu, pick “Sign on to Accounts.” You can pick whether it is a Savings Account, Credit Cards, etc.
3. You will then be brought to another website. From the left part of the webpage, type in your user ID and password.
4. Once you put in your details, click “Sign On” so you can log in your account.
Resetting Your Citibank Online Password
1. Type http://www.citigroup.com/citi/about/countrypresence/united-states-usa.html# on the address bar of your web browser.
2. Found on the upper right portion of the website, there is a dropdown menu. From there, choose “Sign on to Accounts.” Pick one, depending on your account type.
3. This would bring you to a new page. Click “Register Now.”
4. Put in your bank account number and click “Continue.”
5. For the next pages, put in all the needed information for this particular account.
6. Next, you will be asked for the security word you gave when you applied for your account. If you forgot it accidentally, click on “need a hint” and then click on “Continue.”
7. Click on “Continue.” Then put in more details as connected to your account.