Capital One has services for their products in savings, credit cards, home loans, and auto loans. With its origins in the US, Capital One has been 8th in gross assets and deposits. With greater than 2,000 ATMs and 900 branches in the US, Capital One has been fortunate to have been part of the Fortune 500 list.
It is unsurprising if you have a Capital One bank account and would like to access it online, so you have the advantage of checking your account anytime, paying bills, and the like. Here are some steps to logging into your Capital One bank account and other connected login procedures.
Registering for a Capital One Online Account
First, make sure that you already have a Capital One account before you proceed. Next, take the following steps to register your account online.
(1) Proceed to https://www.capitalone.com by typing it on the address bar of your chosen web browser.
(2) Found on the left bottom portion of the webpage, click the tab, “Enroll Here.”
(3) Afterwards, type in your account number in the space. If you are entering your credit card account details, you would also have to enter your security code. This is the last 3 digits found on the back of your credit card for Visa and Mastercard. If you have an American Express, the security code is the 4 digits found on the front of your credit card.
(4) Type in your tax identification number or your social security number. Once done, click on the hyperlink, “Continue.”
(5) You will be given some more steps afterwards and you have to give the details as prompted.
(6) Then you will be asked to create then confirm your username and password. Make sure you have a good password that is easy to remember but not easily guessed. For example, think of sentence that best describes your address: “I live on No. 32 Cherry Tree Lane, New York, New York!” This can be translated to “IloN3CTLNYNY!” That is definitely a password that is hard to crack.
(7) As soon as you have provided and confirmed all of your details online, you can now access your online account once you log in.
Logging in to Your Capital One Account
(1) On the address bar of your web browser, type https://www.capitalone.com.
(2) Choose the type of account you have by clicking on the drop down menu found on the left portion of the webpage that is produced from step (1) above.
(3) Depending on the type of account you choose, you would be prompted for other details connected to your account. For example, if you have a credit card, you would need type your username as well as password.
(4) Click the “Sign In” hyperlink.
Resetting Your Capital One Password
If you cannot seem to remember your password or feel like your account has been compromised, you may want to reset your Capital One password. Just follow the steps below.
(1) Type https://www.capitalone.com on your web browser’s address bar.
(2) On the left portion of your webpage, click that hyperlink that says, “Forgot user name or password.”
(3) If you forgot your username, type in your account number as well as your Social Security Number’s last 4 digits.
(4) Afterwards, click “Continue.
(5) Your username will then be retrieved for you.
(6) If it not your username that you forgot but your password, enter your username as well as your tax identification number or your Social Security Number. Then click on “Continue.”
(7) Type the information asked for you by the bank and make and confirm the new password. Incorporate special characters into your password, using the password tip given above.
(8) In the instance that you find that you are locked out of your online account or you feel that someone else has access to it, call Capital One without delay. Just remember to go to https://www.capitalone.com/contact/?LinkId=ISSO_Z_Z_Z_FOOT_F1_04_T_CNTUS so you can go call the appropriate department of Capital One. Afterward, pick the kind of account that you have so you can get not just their phone numbers but their email addresses. If you want to just go directly to customer service, just call 1-877-383-4802.