Known as American Express, AMEX is a financial corporation. Originating in the 1850s, AMEX is well known anywhere in the world for its credit card, charge card, and travelers cheques. For the US, for example, credit card transactions are twenty four percent (24%) with AMEX cards.
If you already have an AMEX account and would like to have online access and easy online log in, keep on reading.
Creating an Online AMEX Login Account
If you already have an account with AMEX, you can now start the process for accessing your AMEX account online.
(1) First, go to the main page of AMEX at https://www.americanexpress.com/?location=globalsplash by typing the URL on the address bar of the web browser.
(2) For the next page, you will see the login window on the left portion of the site. Under the “Login” tab, click the hyperlink, “Create New Online Account.”
(3) You would then be brought to the next webpage wherein you would need to put in your 15 digit card number as well as 4 digit card identification. The card identification is the number on the front of your card with AMEX. However, if you own a corporate purchasing account, you will not see this on your AMEX card. If this is the case, click the tab, “Don’t have a 4-digit card ID” under the spaces. Instead, you will be prompted for your 5-digit ZIP code. After, click on “Continue.”
(4) For the following step, you would be prompted for your card preferences. You will also be asked to create your own username and password. Whenever you create your password, make sure it is easy for you to remember but hard to be figured out by others. Use special characters in your passwords to increase the safety and security of your online account. Remember that you cannot make use of these characters for your username. A very good tip to creating strong passwords is to use a sentence that you typically utilize in real life. For example, you can say, “My name is Bob Jones and I live in 72 Mulberry Lane, Manhattan, New York.” If you take the first letter of every word, you come up with an extremely strong password: “MniBJaIli7ML,M,NY.”
(5) Finally, AMEX will let you know your card’s advantages. You now know how to create your AMEX online account.
Logging Into Your Online AMEX Account
Once you already have an online AMEX account, you would just need the steps to log into it. Found below are the very straightforward steps.
(1) First go to https://www.americanexpress.com/?location=globalsplash by typing it on the address bar of your web browser.
(2) Once you are brought to the next webpage, you will find a login window on the left portion of it. Afterwards, pick your account type with AMEX using the dropdown menu.
(3) Subsequently, put in your username and password in the boxes.
(4) Then finally, click “Login.” You have now logged into your AMEX account online.
Resetting Your Online AMEX Account
It might be possible that in the near future you may have forgotten your username and/or password. Here are the steps to resetting your AMEX account information.
(1) Go to the main page of AMEX by typing or copying and pasting this link: https://www.americanexpress.com/?location=globalsplash on the address bar of the web browser.
(2) Once you are on the website, on the left portion of it, click the “Login Tab” then click on ‘forgot User ID or Password.”
(3) The webpage would then prompt you for your information with regards to your account. This is to confirm that you are indeed you. In this instance, retrieve your username first and then reset your password.
(4) Afterwards, put in your 15-digit card number as well your 4-digit card identification. If you have a card that has been cancelled, click on the tab, “Click Here.” This is beside the second space. Here you can put in your ZIP code instead. Next, click on the “Continue” hyperlink.
(5) The proceeding web page will retrieve your username. Afterwards, verify your identification. Then, set up your password as the final step.
If you feel that your account has been compromised or breached or you think there has been some suspicious activity, call AMEX as soon as possible.