American Express or AMEX as it is more well known all over the world. Based in New York City, American Express is known for its charge cards, travelers’ cheques, and credit cards. With twenty four percent (24%) of the credit card market share in the US, American Express has different credit cards, particularly the Amex EveryDay Credit Card, American Express Green Card, American Express Serve, Amex EveryDay Preferred Credit Card, Blue Cash Everyday Card from American Express, Blue Cash Preferred Card from American Express, Blue from American Express, Gold Card from American Express, Gold Delta SkyMiles Credit Card, Hilton HHonorsTM Card from American Express, Hilton HHonorsTM Surpass Card from American Express, The Mercedes-Benz Credit Card from American Express, Platinum Card from American Express, Platinum Delta, SkyMiles Credit Card, Plenti Credit Card from Amex, Premier Rewards Gold Card from American Express, and The Starwood Preferred Guest Credit Card from American Express.
This article describes the steps for applying for an American Express credit card, creating an American Express online account, and logging into your online American Express account.
Applying for an American Express Credit Card
It is pretty straightforward applying for an American Express credit card. Here are the steps:
(1) Type the https://www.americanexpress.com/?location=globalsplash site on the address bar of your web browser. This is the main page of American Express.
(2) Once on the web page, click on Cards on the top of the site. A dropdown menu would appear, indicating Personal Cards, Small Business Cards, Corporate Cards, and Prepaid Cards. Choose the option applicable for you.
(3) For example, if you click the Small Business Cards, you will be redirected to https://www.americanexpress.com/us/small-business/credit-cards/?inav=menu_cards_sbc_chargecreditcard.
(4) Once on the webpage above, click on the tab, “Learn More” found on the left portion of the webpage.
(5) If you find that you cannot scroll down, find “Apply” found on the lower left portion of the webpage. Click on the “Apply” button.
(6) The webpage would need for you to put in some data about your business. In the spaces given, put in your email, business name, address, phone number, industry, ZIP code, number of years in the business, company structure, number of employees, federal tax identification, annual revenue, company role, and monthly expenses.
(7) Click continue or save the information to be applied for the card (“Save & Apply Later”).
(8) For the following webpage, put in your first name, last name, phone number, birthdate, Social Security Number, and the like.
(9) The final step would need for you to confirm all of your details.
Creating an Online Account with American Express
After you have an actual account with American Express, you can start to create an online account with them as well:
(1) Go to the main page of American Express at https://www.americanexpress.com/?location=globalsplash.
(2) On the left portion of the webpage above, there is a login window. Under the login window, click on the hyperlink, “Create New Online Account.”
(3) The following web page will prompt for your 16 digit card number as well as your 4 digit card ID. The card ID is on the front part of your card. If you do not have thus, just click on “Don’t have a 4 Digit Card ID.” As a replacement, you can put in the zip code for your billing address.
(4) Click the “Continue” hyperlink. The next web pages will ask you to give your preferences and card benefits.
Logging Into Your Online American Express Account
Once you have an online account with American Express, you can log in your American Express online account. Here are the steps:
(1) Go to the main webpage of American Express at https://www.americanexpress.com/?location=globalsplash.
(2) Found on the left portion of the link above, you will find a small window that has two (2) text boxes: username and password. Type in your username and password in these boxes.
(3) You also have the option of clicking on “Remember Me” on your computer. This would allow the computer to remember your login details. However, do not do this if you are using a publicly accessible device.
Resetting Your American Express Online Account
If you forgot your password or you feel your account has been compromised, you can follow the subsequent steps:
(1) Go to https://online.americanexpress.com/myca/logon/us/action/LogonHandler?request_type=LogonHandler&Face=en_US&DestPage=https%3A%2F%2Fonline.americanexpres on your web browser.
(2) Click on the hyperlink, “Forgot User ID or Password.”
(3) Put in your 15 digit card number and your 4 digit card ID. If you happen to have a cancelled card, click on the hyperlink, “If you have a cancelled card, click here.”
(4) Then enter your zip code for your billing address.
(5) The next steps would help you get your username back and verify that you are you so you can change your password.